Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for Samples Tamron SP 60B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it to manually focus such a beast?
I don't mind carrying my 70-200 2.8 around but i guess the 300 requires a lot of effort and dedication to be handholded.
How is it, qualitywise? Have you ever tryed other 300 mm lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One does not normally,or would not want to handhold this lens,that's why tripods and monopods are available.And after 50 years as a photographer I usually don't have problems manually focussing any lens/body combination.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, what's a fair price for this lens with converters and Nikon mount?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sold my mint copy through ebay a couple of years ago and it fetched £745 but as I say it was mint and 100% complete with TC, filters etc, I've seen scruffy ones go for £300 plus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, i guess 400€ are a fair price for a sample with a bit of paint wear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
Cool, i guess 400€ are a fair price for a sample with a bit of paint wear.

400€ is definitly a good price if glass and mechanics are ok, paint loss/wear doesn't mean anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit short of cash, i'm trying to sell my 20D along with the 18-55 IS but i'm having a hard time finding a buyer.
Sad
The seller was kind enough to provide me infos and has said that he could wait for me for a few days.
It sucks to find such good deals and not be ready.