Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a 100mm pancake
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I have the winner for smallest 100:

The Enna Tele-Sandmar 100/4.5 for Argus C3 is 48mm from mount edge to lip, or 44mm from flange to lip, and 41mm at its widest. Can a Zuiko 100 beat that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Small and sharpest from wide open, difficult to beat the Contax 3.5/100 Sonnar.
But the Pentacon 100 is also a very nice lens to have, albeit completely different in character.

How small is the the 100/3.5 Sonnar?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a 100mm but close, one of my favorite lenses around this focal length is the Cosina/Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 90/3.5. Small, very good image quality and an useful close focusing capability:

Image Credit: Cameraquest

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SMC Pentax-M (or the A version) is 56mm long and a great lens. I use mine all the time on film and digital.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Zuiko and Canon and Rokkor Reply with quote

robertro wrote:

If you're willing to go up to 60mm length (and have an unlimited budget!), then the Tele-Rokkor 100mm f2 is divine!

Good luck on your search.

I ended up buying that one actually! Very Happy
Pretty small for being 100mm and I was surprised by sharpness wide open.
It will need some relubrication thou, so I probably will hear what my local camera repair shop has to say about this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Not really a 100mm but close, one of my favorite lenses around this focal length is the Cosina/Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 90/3.5. Small, very good image quality and an useful close focusing capability:

Image Credit: Cameraquest

Cheers!

Abbazz

I already have that lens, but the SLI version in OM mount.
Pretty small and very good overall.