Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Little test of M42 Pentacon 30mm F3.5 on NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Little test of M42 Pentacon 30mm F3.5 on NEX Reply with quote

Finally I achieved to take this great lens out for a walk Wink
This gem waited for months in my cabinet for relubing (which was easy bye the way) and some photos.
I paid less than 30€ on the Bay. Absolutely worth it.
Most shots are taken @infinity set at f/6.8 (the half stop between f/5.6 and f/Cool.
Focussing was not necessary in most pictures.
Unfourtenately it's not possible to reach infinty completly with my Adapter; 1/8 rotation is missing.

Here my frst shots with lens; all are straight JPEGS OOC and handheld!

Bokeh:
Wide open

f/6.8

CA test

CAs are visible under harsh conditions, but I think not a problem for most photos:

(100% on 16MP Sensor!)

Flaring:

Very good for such an old and cheap lens Smile

Out of focus rendering:

Also quite good

Colors :

Very hard to judge when nothing colorful can be found, but looks great anyway. Looks similar to the Minolta Colors to me after this short test.

Corners:

Corners are not very good wide open but usable. It improves a lot when stopping down the lens, so that it only becomes visible in 100% view etc.

Resolution/Details:

Unbelieveable good for an 30€ 30mm lens.

Conclusion: This is maybe the best 30mm lens below 100€

Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful images!! I especially love sensitive images of sunlit cherub. Perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Very beautiful images!! I especially love sensitive images of sunlit cherub. Perfect.

+1 nice lens as well!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!

I am still yet to go out and test my copy of this lens properly!
Now I must! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has to be the bargain lens of all time.

the contrast of this lens is terrific, the colours are vibrant. Reds from this lens are stunning. I paid £5 for mine with a Zenit of some sort thrown in. It's my most used lens.