Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

List the Film SLR you used only one time and why?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember, but I've only used Canon EOS film SLR's from 80's and early 90's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praktica LTL3 - Took it on a short weekend trip. Checked the light-meter quickly before leaving. It seemed to be working. I realized about 2 shots into the roll that changing the shutter speed made no changes to the meter. Had to guess the rest of the exposures which was not really a problem but if I would have preferred a smaller meter-less camera if that was the case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: a beat up f3. Reply with quote

my first proper nikon so to speak. the body was a bit beat.. but the lcd worked... shot a few frames.. and the shutter speed would not budge. guess the metering was off.

sent for CLA, the tech said it was working. but a couple of weeks later.. same prob.

sold it cheap the next day. kinda regreted it. could have been dead meter. still a good meterless camera eh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax SIa...

Took it out to demonstrate whilst working at a camera store when a teenager.. was supposed to take some shots of pretty sales assistant.. concentrated more on the subject than my footing and dropped camera in pond....

Does that count? Smile

Ooops....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Zenit TTL made in 1982. Shot one b&w test roll with it, then I sold it. Didn't fancy it due to its quite dark and small viewfinder, I'd take the goofy "bulgy old television"-like screen of the Zenit E any day, much brighter if a bit goofy Wink

Supposedly slightly newer Zenit TTLs (and later models) have brighter screens. Another issue it had was a strong noticeable blue tint to the viewfinder, almost on par with putting at least a 82C or even a 80B on the lens (well perhaps not that blue, but still so much I found it annoying).

The strap lugs were nice though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was a Nikon Titan. I was invited by Nikon to their UK HQ (in Fulham Broadway way back then) and they wanted to switch me from Contax to Nikon before working on the new book. I was mightily impressed with the Titan - 9fps compared with my Contax at 5fps - and was loaned it for a weekend. They duly delivered it and I eagerly looked at the manual and the array of lenses that accompanied it - I was getting very tempted. Very Happy

Now, I was shooting gymnastics so I needed to use a 250 Back (superb piece of Contax kit) and Nikon knew my sport's needs - I looked inside the cases - no bulk back...an oversight I thought so off I went armed with my RTS+250 Back & drive and a few fast lenses, the Nikon Titan and a few fast lenses and fears of developing hernia under the weight. Titan produced amazing - short - sequences of shots.

Came the Monday and I returned to Fulham and asked the guy about the bulk back for the Titan. Bulk Back? Embarassed Ermm, we don't make a bulk back for it.... Having to carry at least 3 Titans along with an assistant to keep loading film every 4 seconds - not my idea of fun! Rolling Eyes So, with some reluctance, my only foray into the amazing world of Nikon came to an abrupt end.

Oh - and I still use a 250 Back on an RTS Fundus to this day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Sportmatic. bought a couple days ago but kept in a conner. Take out on one day and loaded a film in airport but found it missed when I get on the plane. The whole process is just within not more than 10min, even a shoot still has not made.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Canon Elan died after ten years of good service. Went to Kenmore Camera and bought an Elan 7N. Ran maybe two or three rolls through it altogether. It was shortly after I brought the 7N home that I won a Canon T90 on ebay, completely obliterating any desire I had to use the 7N. It happens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kl122002 wrote:
Pentax Sportmatic. bought a couple days ago but kept in a conner. Take out on one day and loaded a film in airport but found it missed when I get on the plane. The whole process is just within not more than 10min, even a shoot still has not made.

That's the worst thing we want to hear here... I guess you have new ONE now.
Mike

Last edited by djmike on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flatulent1 wrote:

Fred, welcome to this Forum.