Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Likely lenses that would ship with a Praktica PL Nova I
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:53 am    Post subject: Likely lenses that would ship with a Praktica PL Nova I Reply with quote

Hi Folks - I haven't posted here in eons, but I'm eyeing an online sale for a PL Nova I and the only pictures are of a classic Praktica leather case - Black, with the Pentacon logo in the front bulge, silver piping along the bottom edge of the top portion that you unlatch 2 metal buttons to reveal the top.

One picture has a sticker in orange/yellow text that says "Made in Germany (East)"
Another picture has a tiny peek inside revealing a portion of the bottom of the lens.

The ad has as the title "Vintage Praktica Pl Noval Camera". With only these 2 bits, what are the lenses this would likely have shipped with?
Oreston 1,8? Domiplan 2.8? CZJ Tessar 2.8? Would a lens labeled Prakticar or Pentacon only come in later years?

If it's the CZJ - are these lenses likely to be of similar quality to other CZJs for other cameras?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks most like the Pancolor in your photo. The Oreston has an MFD of 0.33 and the Pancolar 0.35, and that appears to be the marking you can almost see there.

edit - that assumes that is the MFD marking shown, it may not be. However the exact design on the zebra machining for the aperture ring does appear to differ ever so slightly from the Oreston to the Pancolar, with the shown lens looking more like a Pancolar.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
That looks most like the Pancolor in your photo. The Oreston has an MFD of 0.33 and the Pancolar 0.35, and that appears to be the marking you can almost see there.

edit - that assumes that is the MFD marking shown, it may not be. However the exact design on the zebra machining for the aperture ring does appear to differ ever so slightly from the Oreston to the Pancolar, with the shown lens looking more like a Pancolar.

Thank you for the suggestion - Alas I did not win the auction so I will not find out. Sad The search continues...