Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lester A Dine 105mm F2.8 Macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Lester A Dine 105mm F2.8 Macro lens Reply with quote

Here's a photo of my Lester A Dine macro lens made by Kino (aka Kiron)..They were made for the Dine Co. with several different exterior appearances. Some had pictures of teeth on the barrel of the lens to show what would appear at that particular ratio. Others are like my sample where it shows Kiron's build but without the pictures on the barrel. It does however show the DOF & magnification ratios on the barrel. Another version looks at though it was made by Cosina by the the build design of the lens but is actually a Kiron made lens...note I've got a Nikon 4T dual Diopter lens attached to it...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have sample pictures? It should be a great lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott
I have this exact lens with the Vivitar Series 1 branding. I purchased mine quite recently and so far it is incredible. Curious about the diopter having never used one. Care to point me in the right direction as to times to use it and not? Also is they sold as kits or groups ? I don't use macro for wildlife and such more fro abstractions. Here is a B+W example that also shows up in another thread. I saw your shots in the gallery. You seem to have a fair bit of experience. Those shots are fantastic.

Thanks Andy

This is with a macro planar 60mm very poor scan quality sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku,
I have 3 shots in the Gallery under the title "One of my Macro shots"

Andy
In the same thread as above, I talk about the diopters...The 3T & 4T from Nikon are 52mm filter thread size & the 5T & 6T are 62mm filter thread size. Also, the 3T & 5T are the same strength as are the 4T & 6T....I use them when I want to get in closer than 1:1 which the Dine lens will go to...If the subject doesn't fill the frame to my liking, I'll use it to get better than 1:1...The Canon dual Diopters come in more filter sizes & The Oly is 62mm I believe...They are all good. Just stay away from the single diopter sets you see on eBay cheap as they have poor edge sharpness & more chromatic abberations...