Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lens nikon in pentax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: lens nikon in pentax Reply with quote

I can use Nikon lenses in the Pentax K10D?
I can buy some adapter in ebay?
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easy answer is no. there are no adapters for use of nikon lenses on K mount bodies, as the difference in register distance is too great. however I have heard of people who say that some nikon lenses will directly mount to a k mount body. you wont have infinity focus, and your lens will be upside down on the body.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
however I have heard of people who say that some nikon lenses will directly mount to a k mount body. you wont have infinity focus, and your lens will be upside down on the body.

I use a Nikkor 24mm on my Pentax-rebadged Samsung : the lens reaches infinity and is not upside-down ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use some Nikon lenses on my K100D, and they aren't upside-down either.

BUT ! They will not lock on the camera. You can't walk around with them, you have to keep your hand on the lens to make sure it doesn't fall off.

I have heard of people who drill a locking hole on the Nikon lens so it will lock on the Pentax.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the register distance, a Nikon lens will focus a little beyond infinity, won't it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a Nikon lens will focus beyond infinity on a Pentax as it was meant for a slightly deeper mount. This isn't really a big deal, a lot of ordinary Pentax tele lenses also go beyond infinity.