Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica mount Sigma sd 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, I never thougt it would be possible to do.
But for my purposes (low light shooting) a Pentax K20d or a Nikon d300 wood be better. But if it works with Sigma maybe it also could be done with a Pentax.

Greetings from Germany

Timo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
This is interesting however the Camera has some pretty iffy reviews. The image quality is very good however no matter what Sigma says, the end result is a 4mp file, not a 14mp file.

The end result is indeed a 4.6 mp size image on your monitor screen but with the same resolution and detail as a 12mp Canon EOS 5D, as has been clearly shown in numerous SD14 and DP1 vs 5D comparisons.

lulalake wrote:

Also, I have a friend that had one and sent it back due to the difficulty in navigating the menus.

Was your friend blind?...The menu system on Sigma DSLR's could'nt get any simpler!

lulalake wrote:

Personally, I would rather get an adapter for the Leica lenses and use them on something else.
Jules

Sure you could use them on a 5D and get the same results but you will need deep pockets because the 5D costs three times more than the SD14.