Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica M5 + Nokton 50/1.1 + Lucky SHD + ND Filter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Leica M5 + Nokton 50/1.1 + Lucky SHD + ND Filter Reply with quote

Only the first shot is a strong crop @F1.4. Second I don't know. Thir is wide open
I used a 1.25x eyepiece which was very useful for F1.1! I used a cheap Haida ND1.8 64x ND Filter, which worked very good.
Digitalisation (with NEX+Rodagon R) was a bit sloppy this time because I didn't had enough batteries for my usual backlight Smile
Exposure was guessed, as I'm out of 1,35V batteries. Film was shot/developed as ISO200 and developed 12min in Xtol 1+1.
The slight haze is caused by the digitalisation method.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 am; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Nokton 1.1/50 on an M-Leica. Great set!
Not easy to focus indeed, but still fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting. i really like the first two in terms of composition and IQ. notice the 'haze' or small DOF a lot in the others. what a poewrhouse combination though.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but the haze isnt caused by the lens or the film/dev, it's caused by the this time slightly sloppy digitalisation (backlight source was weak and uneven while it was very bright in the room; it's partially reflection on the negatives).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot is just a great capture, the expression on the face is true determination.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me, I like the smooth bokeh of the oof back

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 2 is my favourite with the frozen water splash. I wonder if cropping more of the very white foreground body out would improve it.