Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit 90mm & Nikon D700
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Leica Elmarit 90mm & Nikon D700 Reply with quote

As I already wrote in another thread, I bought 3 adapters from Leitax in Spain, the service was fast and the bayonets are simply perfect. It took me between 4 and 8 minutes (for the above Elmarit) to exchange the bayonets, the whole process is reversible, and the best thing is: it works like a dream.
I also have a magnifying eyepiece for the D700 (Nikon DK-17M), which helps focussing a lot, but it also has a drawback, especially for people who wear lenses like me: it is hard to see the whole picture presented in the finder. You have to let your eye wander from side to side and upside down, which sounds worse than it is.

Here are my first pictures with this combination, all ISO 320 @f 5.6:

First of all a wooden construction-fence near the cathedral in Frankfurt:

The next is an elderly man. The picture is less sharp than I like it. Here I had to de-saturate the red colour by a considerable margin:

The next is of a young woman at a tram-station. This is only converted from RAW, nothing else done, and I think the colours are marvellous:

And this is the same picture tweaked a little in Photohop CS4:

Last edited by madamasu on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two more with flowers. At ISO 320, @ f 2.8 i.e. wide open.

The first is a kind of red flowering plant growing near some rails:

The second I took around the corner, where I live. This time in yellow:

Here is a 100% crop. Not bad for a wide-open lense, I think: