Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 85mm 1.8 - adjusting infinity focusing w/pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 85mm 1.8 - adjusting infinity focusing w/pics Reply with quote

1. Remove rubber from focusing ring

2. You'll see a ring comprised of two parts. Focus to closest distance (optional: for convenience only). Unscrew the front part.

3. Remove it by pulling it off.

4. You'll see three adjustment screws. They hold the focusing ring to the actual focusing helicoid. Loosen them slightly; the ring will become loose and detached from the helicoid. Adjust infinity position, tighten the screws. Assemble back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this just used it to repair mine as it had grit in helicoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I have the older version, full metal build, that needs to tighten these screws.
Is there a way to get access to these screws?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for guide!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Thanks.
I have the older version, full metal build, that needs to tighten these screws.
Is there a way to get access to these screws?

I don't have the older version, but there must be some way. I would start from removing the front beauty ring (with a rubber stopper), then looking if the front barrel can be removed (usually held by a grub screw or similar). Then you would probably be able to access the adjustment screws.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try.
The name ring is so thin, that I don't think it can fit any screws behind, but perhaps taking away the front element.