Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Auto S2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragom wrote:
You guys will be responsible for making me spend more money... Smile

Laughing Yes we are all crazy but on good way these stuff are part of our heritage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragom wrote:

I warned you guys... here is your guilt proof... just arrive to my desk today. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Auto S2 has arrived at last! Smile s/n is 695143. All seems to be working well but when the battery check button is pressed, the meter pointer dives up to the f1.8 end of the scale instead of pointing at the orange mark near f11. Anyone know the explanation/cure for this? Maybe it's because I'm using a new 1.5v alkali battery.

Patrick, my camera has the built-in hood. It's just an outer ring that slides loosely over the inner part and is held in place with a threaded ring in the filter thread. I see your camera has a lens cap and you might be interested to know that it's not possible to use a lens cap when the hood is in place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does exactly the same on mine.

For ASA 400 film I have to set the meter to ASA 50.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

Thanks Jussi. that makes me feel better even if I still don't understand why. I just remembered I have a working genuine 625 mercury cell still in my TLR - I'll try it in the S2 and report back later.

Last edited by peterqd on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragom wrote:
dragom wrote:

I warned you guys... here is your guilt proof... just arrive to my desk today. Very Happy

Well known camera congrats! Look forward your results, my slower 2.8 lenses cameras produce better images than my ex S3 I sold it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Nesster wrote:

Thanks Jussi. that makes me feel better even if I still don't understand why. I just remembered I have a working genuine 625 mercury cell still in my TLR - I'll try it in the S2 and report back later.

I tried the mercury battery. The battery check is no different - the pointer still goes to the wrong end. I don't have an answer for this at the moment but the meter and the actual apertures set in auto mode seem to work correctly. The higher voltage makes the meter think there is more light than actual and chooses a smaller aperture setting, by about 1 stop. To correct this the film speed setting on the camera should be set 1 stop slower - i.e. the speed should be set at 200 for 400 film or 100 for 200 film.