Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica 24mm f2.8 - Sony Nex-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Konica 24mm f2.8 - Sony Nex-3 Reply with quote

This lens perform beautifully on Next too Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Nice shots!
Konica lenses are well-suited for the NEX. The rather short register distance of the Konica mount is the reason for a nice lens adaptation to the NEX. The lenses do not get too long with the adapter.

Attila, I am happy that you seem to like the NEX as well!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Indeed! Nice shots!
Konica lenses are well-suited for the NEX. The rather short register distance of the Konica mount is the reason for a nice lens adaptation to the NEX. The lenses do not get too long with the adapter.

Yes, I am happy with my new toy, thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Indeed! Nice shots!

Yes, I am happy with my new toy, thank you!

Hi Attila,
Your city is so beautiful!
Would you be willing to say goodbye to the G1? I think I will not miss mine, if only I had not invested so heavily on adapters... Mad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No G1 has space in my heart I love it , EV finder makes it more usable in many situation than NEX and C-mount capability makes it still valuable to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
No G1 has space in my heart I love it , EV finder makes it more usable in many situation than NEX and C-mount capability makes it still valuable to me.

I don't why. I but can't seem to like the G1 Sad For a while I was crazy about the idea of owning GH2 for it's higher shutter + AF speed and better high ISO IQ. I moved from OM-2 to F90x to E-300, then E-510, 5D, G1 and D2H. So I should by now have a good idea of what is good for me in a subjective sense. In good light the G1 is great. But in low light I hate it!!! The EVF lag when you move around is horrible. I admit the 2x mag is very good for MF, but I much prefer optical viewfinder. Very rarely use the flip out LCD. JPEGs are horrible which I don't use anymore. I used them almost exclusively with the Olympus dSLRs. May be should go back to Olympus? Confused I think I dislike the handling of the G1. Probably should not be knocking a great innovative camera like this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you not feel comfortable , better to move it. My main goal was with G1 lens compatibility what is still best from all cameras. My G1 was 250 USD only , NEX-3 thanks for Graham same price , still not much all together so I keep them. Next camera what I will by a Next with EV finder or/and an 5DII if I able to afford it. I had an Olympus E-1 before I did gave it to my daughter. With factory matte screen was almost impossible to get well focused pictures, I bought a Katz-Eye split screen. It works great , but need to adjust all time light meter and focusing easy only at wide open. EV finder has no trouble at daylight with stopped down apertures easy to focus at F8 or F11 too. At low light it is noisy right, but I can live with that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, if you not feel comfortable , better to move it. My main goal was with G1 lens compatibility what is still best from all cameras. My G1 was 250 USD only , NEX-3 thanks for Graham same price , still not much all together so I keep them. Next camera what I will by a Next with EV finder or/and an 5DII if I able to afford it. I had an Olympus E-1 before I did gave it to my daughter. With factory matte screen was almost impossible to get well focused pictures, I bought a Katz-Eye split screen. It works great , but need to adjust all time light meter and focusing easy only at wide open. EV finder has no trouble at daylight with stopped down apertures easy to focus at F8 or F11 too. At low light it is noisy right, but I can live with that.

Hi Attila,
Yeah you can't really beat the G1 for MF, specially in good light or when you are reasonably static. For me focusing was not a problem even with the dim E-300. I guess I got used to it. The E-510 was much better and brighter. In both cameras, I did not change the focusing screen. Now, the funny thing is I found it very difficult to focus on the 5D, until I changed the FS to all matt with the grid lines. Then it was great. I guess one should not try the blame the tools he uses all the time.