Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Koni Omega Info thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Koni Omega Info thread Reply with quote

Finally won this off ebay, there is one that is still listed for $149 and I've seen two of these go for that price.

Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by Katastrofo on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice catch for that price, congratulations! But do you plan to use it for some special kind of pictures? Not an easy camera to do close focusing photography, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Looks like a nice catch for that price, congratulations! But do you plan to use it for some special kind of pictures? Not an easy camera to do close focusing photography, I think.

Minolfan, I was hoping this would allow some interesting flower pics,
statue detail, anything I would want to focus closer than the available
lenses. I presume this is for the 90mm Super Omegon lens, but don't
really know. Guess I'll figure it out when it arrives. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's a good purchase. It should be fun!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Whoa, that's a good purchase. It should be fun!

Thanks, can't wait to try this! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Koni Rapid and 6x6 folding Agfa/Ansco Reply with quote

Probably the cheapest one and possibly in working condition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did you get this, Voytek?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I could but I already have 200 with entire set (58mm, 90mm, 180mm) of lenses, 60mm viewfinder. I am missing only 220 back but I made decision to buy 220 film holder only not entire back. I didn't use Koni yet. And now I am looking occasionally for rare (and cheap) Konicas, Minoltas, Canons, Olympus 35 rangefinders. Today early afternoon I won old Konica Click here to see on Ebay but be honest with "zero" confirmation that camera is in working condition. Price is not bad but postage is "breathtaking". I expect with camera one dose of pink roses along with Thank You Hallmark card from the seller for this money. Cool
Today I started my first 35mm BW film with Olympus SPn. I am very excited with the film, and the best part is that I can develop negatives by myself.
I still look at your pictures taken with Omega and I am very jealous. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two of the 60mm, one 180, and a 90, and am still looking for the
very elusive 135.

Voytek, I'm sure once you start shooting some rolls, you'll knock my
Koni pics out of the park. Can't wait to see some of your results. Smile

Yeah, the seller for the Konica is charging $25 and isn't even sending it
Priority! I hate when sellers try to make money on shipping. I would
definitely knock him down in the 5 stars section.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a step by step procedure to CLA the film back to the Koni's:

http://randamteagarden.tripod.com/id31.htm

This will cure the frame overlap problem.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see, maybe he/she will pack everything very professional. Sometimes I try to understand situation like this. Somebody could buy boxes, packing pebbles, labels and this takes money right away. I can open store with "second hand" packing supplies regarding number of items I receive every week. So, I don't have to charge for packing, handling, phone calls and lunches during last week Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I have two of the 60mm, one 180, and a 90, and am still looking for the very elusive 135.

Did you try 58mm? It's interesting to compare both "wides"

Katastrofo wrote:
Voytek, I'm sure once you start shooting some rolls, you'll knock my Koni pics out of the park. Can't wait to see some of your results. Smile
Come on Bill, I'm sure - not. Your converted to BW picture is outstanding, I am not joking. I don't know even is my gear working properly or not. I will start tomorrow with Arista film. Almost better then sex. Mniam.... Laughing
Link WOW! but doesn't look very easy to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voytek, I hope your camera has no issues. I've been lucky to find two
of them that were shooters. Really looking forward to your BW shots!
BTW, what are you using to develop these? I've changed my order to
Freestyle about 6 times now, can't make up my mind what developer,
stop bath, fixer, clearing agent (have hard water in my area), to use
for the first time. I think I'll stick with the one shot developer, like DD-X
and use Ilford's Rapid Fixer, at least that's what I'm thinking about at
the moment. Laughing I've been browsing some of flickr's examples of the
various developers and methods, and that's not helping make up my
mind. Was also thinking about going strictly Foma and using FG-7.

If the 58mm came by ebay at a reasonable price, I'd try it. The last 60
I got came with OEM case and metal lens cap, but no VF, but still was
only $69, and looks almost new!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I will describe step by step entire process of developing BW film but tomorrow, in darkroom tread.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Koni Rapid and 6x6 folding Agfa/Ansco Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Probably the cheapest one and possibly in working condition

I love the sticky label on the back of it: "Take off lens cap". I guess it is the last remaining piece of evidence of some ancient photographic disaster. I wonder what the owner screwed up, hopefully not a wedding shoot or anything important.

It reminds me of the time in the 80s when my brilliant young staff photographer (who now makes films for National Geographic ... he really was good) came out of the darkroom with a red face and admitted that he had forgotten to put a film in the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Bill, I will describe step by step entire process of developing BW film but tomorrow, in darkroom tread.

Looking forward to it!

@PaulC, thanks for the 80's story, very amusing! I remember trying to
shoot a picture with my Koni Omega Rapid 100, and the shutter wouldn't
fire and it took me awhile to realize I hadn't pulled the dark slide. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry Bill, just got home - it's 1:50AM, and I have to wake up at 6AM because we have again field trip to Utica state parks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try to get info about how good Koni is. Below picture shows low contrast, but definitely Omegon 5.6/58 is not worse performer compare to Zeiss Planar 4.0/50 (Hassel). This is a crop from bigger picture. Film - Arista EDU Ultra 100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first result, Voytek! Especially since you did your own developing.
I'm going to be ordering more Neopan 400 for my Koni's, this one using
the Tele-Omegon 180:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3611245795_58e5947a16_o.jpg

Scanned at 1200dpi on Epson 4490, and then thru Bibble 4/PS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, like much better then mine, but promise to do my best in the future

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did take her out after many months, can't wait to see result... naturally I forgot take off lens cap at least once , perhaps more. Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost bought a job lot of four Konis, each with lens and half a dozen backs today. Went for less than 75ukp, was worth it just for the lenses. Cameras needed attention but would have been easily possible to produce at least one working example from the four.

If I hadn't recently bought a Bronica ETRS, I'd have snapped that job lot up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lenses have awesome image quality in good hands like when Bill use it. Next time don't pass them .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would have kept one and sold three and recouped what I spent. Just short of cash right now hence I passed. There will always be more bargains.

Still trying to find a cheap lens or two for my ETRS, not easy to find them cheap I am finding, same with the Prisms.