Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 300mm Mirror ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Komura 300mm Mirror ? Reply with quote

My local camera shop has a Komura 300mm Mirror lens in their cabinet at a reasonable if not cheap price. It's T2 mount so should fit my Nikon (assuming the pentaprism doesn't cause problems). What makes it appealing is it's very small size (think a 35-70 zoom) but quality is unknown. Has anyone any experience?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experience with Komura 200mm prime, wasn't too sharp. I expect average quality like any cheap 300mm prime.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking kindly on Komura as a brand, because I have had good luck with some of their lenses from the early 1960's, but this one is new to me. It must be a late product of Komura, also possibly a re-branded item from some other manufacturer.

Either way, it is probably unusual/rare.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Komura lenses are rare or very rare especially primes, I never seen this mirror lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen many Komura primes at all, and so I must concur with Attila. I DO have the 2x teleconverter, and it is extremely good for not degrading the image too much (for a teleconverter Confused ).

The build quality on the teleconverter is magnificent, but of course "build quality" certainly doesn't play a huge role in the perception of the optics.

Heck, I would consider the lens simply because of its fairly rare availability, and its petite size. And who knows, maybe it can also give you a decent image. Sounds like an interesting lens indeed.