Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Signet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Kodak Signet Reply with quote

Got this for $22.50 on Ebay. Very dirty and shows some wear marks on the front as well as oxidation and dull finish but everything works. Came with a roll of ektachrome 400 DX film which I removed and threw away. You never know what is on a partial roll when buying a camera so I always just throw it away to be on the safe side. The ready case shows age but is quite clean and in usable condition. These go for $50.00+ and for $500.00 + for the military versions so I'm quite happy with the price I paid. According to the serial number it was made in 1954.

Last edited by Big Dawg on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the light meter Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I'm liking the light meter Cool

A high class super duper phantom one!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those "wind" and "rewind" markings. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simple camera. Even easier to work on than the various Arguses.

Watch out for the rangefinder registration, on mine it turned out to be off due to old age dirt accumulation.
The rangefinder probably needs adjusting. Thats pretty easy though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it's a really sturdy camera.
Mine looks exactly the same as yours:

I'm pending of disassembly it to fix the delayed trigger mechanism.

I look forward to see your samples with it Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Love those "wind" and "rewind" markings. Smile

Cute ain't they! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very simple camera. Even easier to work on than the various Arguses.

Watch out for the rangefinder registration, on mine it turned out to be off due to old age dirt accumulation.
The rangefinder probably needs adjusting. Thats pretty easy though.

I'll have to remove the top to clean the rangefinder and viewfinder glass as it is dirty and dimmer than I would like. Do you know of any site that shows the how to?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Congrats, it's a really sturdy camera.
Mine looks exactly the same as yours:

I'm pending of disassembly it to fix the delayed trigger mechanism.

I look forward to see your samples with it Wink

Regards.
Jes.

Good luck Jes. Hope it goes well. The shutter is fine on mine but the viewfinder rangefinder glass is dim.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I'll have to remove the top to clean the rangefinder and viewfinder glass as it is dirty and dimmer than I would like. Do you know of any site that shows the how to?

Yes, here:
http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=signet35
(page may be slow to load)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you growing collection! Try to find Kodak camera with Ektar lens, Ektar is best lens from Kodak.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

Yes, here:
http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=signet35
(page may be slow to load)

That's the one thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice to see you growing collection! Try to find Kodak camera with Ektar lens, Ektar is best lens from Kodak.

I have two now Attila. This one and my Medalist I.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Attila wrote:

I have two now Attila. This one and my Medalist I.

That is great!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. B. Dawg,
I really enjoy your photos of cameras, you get very good clarity and present them so nicely. What's your process? What camera and lens do you use?

sincerely,
J. Nesster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Mr. B. Dawg,
I really enjoy your photos of cameras, you get very good clarity and present them so nicely. What's your process? What camera and lens do you use?

sincerely,
J. Nesster

I use a Pentax K7 with a Pentax F 50mm f/1.7 lens. I shut all the curtains in my family room and then turn on all the fluorescent and incandescent lights in the area I'm shooting. No flash used!!! I set the camera to A priority and use F/14 and ISO 400 to get the detail I need. Most exposures are around 1-2 seconds so I use the 2 second timer with mirror lockup. I also like the glass table as it doesn't give the reflective light of a white cloth or a neutral gray even. I've tried those. I shoot using Adobe RGB color space and process the photos in Adobe Elements 9 mainly using auto fix and auto sharpen. I resize to 1600 x 1000 300 DPI or so and then convert the colorspace to SRGB before saving.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Good tips

Thanks Luis. I've tried many ways and this just works.