Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Signet 3.5/35mm lens more photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Kodak Signet 3.5/35mm lens more photos Reply with quote

Well I took this lens out for a better trial on the K200D...still holding it onto the camera like a cigarette grip between two fingers and setting the distance and aperture before going out.A dull day overcast,slight wind...but I think this lens has merit the bokeh is very pleasing and varied and the images.... well I will let you decide... Very Happy most of these have a tiny bit of PP to bump the contrast and slight brightness adjustment.

#9 The sun came out

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were these shot wide open?

The bokeh is very different. It seems to have an vintage look about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some were wide open and a few at 5.6 or F8...the aperture settings/markings are near the mount end but you actually change the aperture from the front end with the ring marked 4,8,15,30,60,125,250 above that is a Ev scale.I just noticed on the reverse of this front ring are the F stop numbers (Embarassed) They run 3.5,4,*,5.6,*,8,*,11,*,16,*22
I count 11 Stops by moving the front ring.

These are some lenses that look like mine but mine does not have the Ektanar name it does however have a L inside a circle.
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Signet_80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! excellent results and

.. welcome to the hold-onto-camera-holder's club Wink

tf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stan,
I have also just noticed the lens does not fully open so the F stop must have been F4,and at the other end of the scale it sits for two stops on the F22 ...not sure what is wrong inside but I really don't mind with the results so far.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira,
I think you have to take a better look on the coupling between EV-scale and shutterspeed. Possible you can not set the EV (and shutter), given a specific aperture. Choosing the aperture ring for settings might be the solution; than the range of EV and shutterspeeds setting may change. I had some more old camera's with such coupling (Fujica 35ML, Werra), very disturbing when you are not used to that "handy" features! Sometime there is a special button (on aperture or EV-ring) to get the coupling loose. So you can get all apertures you want.

Succes, Aad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I do just use the aperture,as I am not sure the EV scale works.On the back of the lens there is a button that depresses but I am unsure what it does.I am happy with the images this little lens can make.
Here are some more images

#7 This last image I was curious to try the lens set at infinity...It might be blurry but I think it has some appeal..impressionist?