Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kodak retina lenses on ep2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: kodak retina lenses on ep2 Reply with quote

i really enjoy using these special lenses, with mount only for kodak retina reflex iii and iv (called 'deckel' mount) on my ep2. the sharpness and color are to me superior to much more expensive m39 lenses. these below were made by schneider-kreuznach, and are pretty small, especially the 35 and 85. the only problems is they are very slow (only the 50 @ 1.9, 35 @ 2.8, rest @ 4.0) and the closest focus is around 6 feet. they are just random shots, but illustrative of the character of the lenses. there are also a 135 and 200mm

28/4.0

35/2.8

50/1.9

85/4.0

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 85mm looks really interesting. What kinds of adapters are there for these lenses? Are they usable on m4/3 only?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two are stunning, great , shinny colorful examples!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both!

L, i believe there are also adapters to sony nex and maybe samsung nx, not sure. there are canon adapters, as ive used it on my 5d, but frankly was not impressed with the results, which were not nearly as good as from the ep2 or the retina film cameras.

dkl>m4/3 adapters are quite plentiful on ebay.

the 35 and 85 are i think the best in IQ, followed very closely by the 50/1.9. next come the 135, then 28, then 200, just my opinion of course.

rodenstock also made lenses for the kodak retina reflex in this mount. ive tried a couple, which are much more expensive, and liked the S-K lenses better.

Last edited by rbelyell on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a quick search on ebay, and there are adapters for canon, nikon, pentax, m42. The problem is these lenses seem to be rare and expensive, at least compared to some of the cheap "good" lenses usually discussed here.

But that 85mm looks really good. When you have the time, can you post a picture of the mount on them?

Edit: found a lot of pics, is it the Tele-Arton?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is the tele arton. i paid less than $100usd for each lens, i think good deals can be had on these lenses.

and yes, you are correct about other adapters. correction made on my above post. i forgot i used these on my 5d long ago, but did not like the results on FF. for some reason, the results are much better on the ep2.