Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ - Krasnogorskiy Mechanicheskiy Zavod
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: KMZ - Krasnogorskiy Mechanicheskiy Zavod Reply with quote

The KMZ factory was set up in 1942 near Moscow - which by then was no longer in immediate danger from German troops - on the site of a recently evacuated mechanical plant. Initially the company took over production of scopes and binoculars as well as reconnaissance cameras.

After the end of the war, KMZ began producing photographic lenses in 1945 to the specifications of the Carl Zeiss corporation, whose factory in Jena had been overrun by the Red Army and largely transported off as war reparations. In the post-war years KMZ also began producing the Zorki camera, a close copy of the German Leica II and the Soviet FED, as well as copies of Zeiss medium-format cameras under the name Moskva.

A 30 year commemorative lapel pin

Some of my KMZ collection, starting with a selection of lenses...

Helios-44 2/58 (13 blade version)

Jupiter-8 2/50

Industar-50 3.5/50

Mir-24M MC 2/35

Zenitar-M 1.7/50

Helios-44-M4 2/58

Industar-50-2 3.5/50

Helios-44-M 2/58

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection!!

ehem...let me remind everyone that I'm the weird guy that actually has a KMZ tattoo...

(taken literally seconds after it was finished)

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marc - and, if that's actually you with the tattoo, I'm going to let you wear the crazy hat from now on Laughing

I suppose if I were going to have a logo for a tattoo, one of the Soviet ones would be kinda cool...