Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 28/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Kiron 28/2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm back again with some new samples. I made them yesterday 'cause I get this lens just for a while. It got nice colours an interesting bokeh. Flares and aberration might be a problem for some of the users, but it's not bad lens for a fair price, You can get it for 50 pound ~75usd. In next few days Carl Zeiss Planar 50 1.7 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I have the 2/35 version and that is also a cracking lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use this lens on my ep2 as a fast normal and i like it a lot. i find it sharp and colorful with good contrast. i would use it a lot more if i were more of a 50mm fan or if i had a 1.5 crop cam. totally worth the money.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little mixed feelings about it , because I got one with a stuck aperture and the focus ring a little loose !Wich I don't like ! It's a biger lens that the usual 28/2.8 (as the Yashica ML , Rokkor MD not to mention the Zuiko . At least it's wide open !
Now I use it only for low-light situations , wich is a good thing ,that f2 is meant exactly for this . Not tack sharp wide open ,but usable ,good for flattering portraiture
colors are good ,contrast not very impressive

crop (not bad sharpness wide open ,after all ;no sharpening in PP ; some purple fridging) :

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201110/big_3499_DSC07123T_1.jpg]

Last edited by yinyangbt on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lack of sharpness, or significant fall, at the edges give a kind of 3D effect when the lens is wide open.