Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 28-105 f3.2-4.5 surrender
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Kiron 28-105 f3.2-4.5 surrender Reply with quote

Back story briefly:

I have been seeking a copy of this lens in m42 for over a year with no success whatsoever, and I've grown tired of the chase.

So today, following yet another failure:

Have decided to surrender and throw myself on the mercy of this forum in hope of learning the answer to a rather straightforward question:

Does the subject lens even exist in m42? Do you own, or have you actually seen, a copy in m42?

My best knowledge and understanding is that the Kiron 28-105 was manufactured in a variety of FIXED (only) mounts. Whether that variety includes m42 is what I'm hoping to learn. Because if there is one out there, I've not been able to locate it. Sad

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right.
I have the Nikon AI and have seen FD, Minolta, CY and IIRC Konica AR (? not sure of that one) but definitely PK.
Maybe the lens post dates the popularity of M42 and the PK mount may suggest that.
Let's wait an see if someone has one in M42.
Interesting
OH

PS - come to think of it, I haven't seen a Kiron 28-85 in M42 either. Confused

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Olympus ,Konica and Yashica/Contax mount, but not M42. Cfr. http://boggys.myzen.co.uk/pdfmaster/Kiron%2028-105%20f3.2-4.5%20Instructions%20400dpi%20Eng.pdf

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Only Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Olympus ,Konica and Yashica/Contax mount, but not M42. Cfr. http://boggys.myzen.co.uk/pdfmaster/Kiron%2028-105%20f3.2-4.5%20Instructions%20400dpi%20Eng.pdf

........ and Canon FD
OH

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the assist . . . . which I obviously needed.

So I've been chasing the proverbial "wild goose" and I qualify as an idiot.

Thankfully not too often; but from time to time I find myself in this situation where something seemingly obvious is nevertheless awry. Apparently this model post-dates m42. Thing is, a number of camera brands used m42 . . not just Pentax. I'd have thought Kiron would have made an m42 version available; bad assumption.

I wonder which of the available mounts if any, can be converted, and is easiest to convert, to m42. I guess that's a question for another thread. Maybe I should try to locate a copy of this Kiron in PK. PK lenses, with a bit of modification, are "sort of" mountable onto my Sigma SD14 camera body. I guess PK would be better than nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens in the OM mount and I can let it go easily. It`s in near mint condition. PM your offer and I thing we could work something out.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or it is just too big for m42 - and then it can't be converted

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
I wonder which of the available mounts if any, can be converted, and is easiest to convert, to m42.

it's not all about the mount but the size of the back lens group too

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
guardian wrote:
I wonder which of the available mounts if any, can be converted, and is easiest to convert, to m42.

Acknowledged. Thank you for the heads up.

It appears PK might not just be my best option; it might be my only option!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
guardian wrote:

Acknowledged. Thank you for the heads up.

It appears PK might not just be my best option; it might be my only option!

Looks like it.
There is also the possibility of the Vivitar (Komine) 28-90 lens which is a stellar performer.
It doesn't come in M42 either AFAIK but is available in PK.
Cheers
OH