Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 2.8/105 Canon FD mount, 5D MkII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Kiron 2.8/105 Canon FD mount, 5D MkII Reply with quote

Kiron 2.8/105?

Superb lens! I have had C/Y version before but this one is even better!

Fantastic unique colours and high (very high) contrast.

The lens has still its own FD mount -- therefore, I held the lens just in front of the camera and .. focusing by body movement Smile

All shots at f/5.6

PP in LightRoom..

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE:

tf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such rough technique this kind of results ... you are really great with, i wouldn't even dare to try it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic pictures again! Congrats Stan!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply beautiful shots, Stan! So is this lens the same as the "legendary" Vivitar S1 105mm macro? I mean, I know that Kiron made the VS1 105 macro, but I don't know if that's the only 105 macro that Kiron made.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, tf! I'm always amazed on how much you manage to do by just holding the lens in front of the camera.

cooltouch wrote:
So is this lens the same as the "legendary" Vivitar S1 105mm macro? I mean, I know that Kiron made the VS1 105 macro, but I don't know if that's the only 105 macro that Kiron made.

I think it is (for VS1 with 22 starting serial n.). The only thing that makes confusion is the f2.5 aperture with the VS1, but I guess that's just marketing attempt, both should be 2.8?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering if the f/2.5 might have been a marketing ploy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wearly wearly wunnerful

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb glass and superb results with it. Only what a pity that butterfly is not whole in focus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful !!
sharp and rendering tone is very nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile to all - thank you very much and thanks to Spotmatic (member of MF lenses:)

for this idea..

The thing is that FD mount fits into EF mount very well --

Yes this lens also was branded as Vivitar ...

This Canon FD version has something like fixed rear glass element and it may improve the image quality -- Smile I didn't notice this glass in C/Y version..

tf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone guess what plant is on the picture number 1?

It's MY FAVORITE !!!

Smile

tf