Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kilfitt 40/2.8 makro Kilar M42 - disassembly?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Kilfitt 40/2.8 makro Kilar M42 - disassembly? Reply with quote

Hi all. I recently picked up one of these rare lenses and now wish to restore it to better condition. To be fair, the condition is quite good with regard to structural integrity and finish, but its quite soiled and was used for decades by a smoker. Everything is tobacco colored.

My question is does anyone have the experience of taking one apart? I've removed everything that was obvious and am at a dead end and all the important bits are still attached.

There are three spring loaded ball bearings protruding from the inner barrel that hold another inner barrel sleeve in place. I suspect these might be pushed further in yet, thus releasing the main inner barrel/aperture ring structure, but getting pressure against three small, firm ball bearings in a space big enough for two fingers is a magic trick I don't have a solution to so far.

Anyways, here's hoping someone has some light to shed.

Thanks,

Kelly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you succeed? i have a 400 5.6, with is heavy to turn. what oil/lubrication do i have to use?