Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev 4A shutter adjustment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Kiev 4A shutter adjustment Reply with quote

Hi, i just got myself a kiev 4a in pristine cosmetic condition, but the shutter is stuck, somebody at some point opend it and made a big mess with it.

Now i opened the camera (following Kiev survival site) and now the curtains are "free" (the upper curtain was wraped in the drum in the wrong direction and therefore stuck), my problem is that i cannot make the shutter work properly, the upper curtain does not goes down when coked. I think it has to do with tension and the speed, i believe i need to spend more time trying to figure out how it works but i was wondering if someone has or have seen a good tutorial of how this shutter works and how it can be adjusted (not ribbon changes as KSS and rick orleson tutorials) so it will save me good amount of time.

Ahh also one piece, moulded thin black metal, fell apart from the shutter mechanism (i think) but i dont know where it goes and all the pictures from the kiev/contax shutter i've seen on the web doesn't show that piece. I will put a picture of it tomorrow as today is quite late in here and my internet conection is very bad.

Thanks in advance