Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just short of infinity focus on Canon FD 500/4.5 -what to do
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Just short of infinity focus on Canon FD 500/4.5 -what to do Reply with quote

Such a great lens and this wouldn't have been an issue had I not been such a moon buff and it comes just short of focusing. At f22 it sort of gets there but by then moon pics are out of the question anyway.

I am using it on the NEX-5n and one idea was to try to modify the adapter somehow. I know the issue is not with the adapter - I have 3 of them and they work fine with other lenses.

Is this something that's easy to adjust? Can I try? Or shall I take it to the pros?

Any suggestions welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the lens, but from what you write, the easiest and cheaper solution, for me, would be sacrificing one of your adapters and sand it down a little.
I suppose fd adapters for nex have a metal part screwed on to a plastic tube: it should be enough unscrewing the metal part, and sanding the down a little its back, so that the fd bayonet sits a little closer to the camera than it's now.

But this is only in theory, since i don't know how fd adapters for nex are actually made.