Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 year of manufacture?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 year of manufacture? Reply with quote

Hi folks... would appreciate your input on this...

Not long ago I acquired a beautiful LZOS-factory Jupiter-9 which I absolutely love... it's exactly what I'd hoped it might be optically, and the condition is excellent too.

The gentleman I bought it from advertised it as a 1980 model, but the serial number starts with "N72" and has seven digits, which leads me to believe it's a 1972 model. Given the physical design of the lens body, I'm more inclined to believe it's 1972, or at the very least, earlier than 1980.

Can anyone confirm, or educate me otherwise, please?

As a side-note, the serial number of this lens and that of my Mir-1 both begin with what seems to be a "curly" letter "N"... is that what it is? Does it just mean "Number"? None of my other lenses has this prefix.

Thanks in advance! Smile

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 1972.
This type of Jupiter-9 was not produced in 80's.

The curved N is normal. You can find serial number without anything, you can find with №, with this curved N. It depend of period and factory.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin J9, yeah it's a 72, congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies. I appreciate the confirmation.

I'm happy with the lens regardless of manufacture date, but it was frustrating me just a little! Smile