Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 85mm f2 - how much to pay ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 85mm f2 - how much to pay ? Reply with quote

Hiya, I'm watching this lens on Ebay. Its got 1 hours 20 mins to go and its currently on £53. Is that about the going rate, cheap or a bit on the steep side Confused

Also it says there is some oil on the blades but is totally manual so i'm guessing thats ok Question

Thanks in advance Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably go for a bit more than that unless it's disguised in the auction - I sold one of mine recently for not a lot more than this which I thought was fair, but I've seen them up over £100.00 too, so difficult to accurately price this beauty. Wouldn't worry too much about the oil either, it's pretty commonplace and won't be a problem.

Just PMed you with a question about your locality - I'll be there Saturday and Sunday shooting a food festival Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know which auction you mean Smile It seems OK, yet the description is rather brief. Oil on aperture blades is normal for pre-set lenses; my older Jupiter has it, too. The new MC one does not.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mal, I just replied to your PM Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I know which auction you mean Smile It seems OK, yet the description is rather brief. Oil on aperture blades is normal for pre-set lenses; my older Jupiter has it, too. The new MC one does not.

Cheers Aoleg, your right about the description, talk about brief, hope if I actually win it then its all ok, I'm getting fed up returning lenses for fungus or hazy optics when they're described as mint Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you win it?! I'm very pleased with mine, it's the silver version in M39 mount Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£63.50 seems like a pretty decent finishing price - did you win it Gareth?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I got outbid at the last minute, I didn't put a high enough bid on it to secure it Crying or Very sad There is another finishing in a few days so I've put an early bid on that and I'm hoping to win that one now! I want one Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm debating if its easier to put out a wanted ad for one, I hate ebay sometimes Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to snipe in the last 5 seconds IMO Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have a look @ Fedka.com, they have one going for $105 usd. There is a bit of confusion in the ad woridimg regarding the mount. They can't seem to decide whether it is Zenit M39 vs M42.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought from Fedka before. Yuri is an incredibly pleasant and professional person to deal with but the website can sometimes be confusing. What he has may not correspond to what is pictured. I would recommend just emailing him and seeing what types of Jupiter 9s he has. No doubt he has more than that one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardiff_gareth wrote:
I'm debating if its easier to put out a wanted ad for one, I hate ebay sometimes Laughing

Which type are you after? I have a spare M42 older version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you interested in MC Jupiter 9? I think I'm gonna put it on sale this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jupiter J9 prices have risen sharply over the last decade. At the start of the century you would get them for very low prices, I've obtained a few either on Ebay or fleamarkets (albeith in Eastern Europe) for around 20 Euro. But the cheap ones are gone for a long time allready so anything between 50 and 100 Euro seems to be a good pricerange.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply IVO, albiet rather late on my part Embarassed

I managed to buy a mint version today for £55 delivered. The previous owner said the focusing was a little stiff but nothing major so really looking forward to getting it Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The focus on this lens can indeed get quite stiff, but it can be fixed by relubing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah excellent, thats good to know Very Happy is there a special lens lube you have to use Question

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardiff_gareth wrote:
Cheers for the reply IVO, albiet rather late on my part Embarassed

I managed to buy a mint version today for £55 delivered. The previous owner said the focusing was a little stiff but nothing major so really looking forward to getting it Cool

Still getting back to all the forums after a busy summer Wink.
55 quid is quite a good price nowadays.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it! It turned up yesterday, its a beauty to look at - does that sound weird!
Looking forward now to better weather to get out and play

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardiff_gareth wrote:
Got it! It turned up yesterday, its a beauty to look at - does that sound weird!

You don't need good weather to play with the jupiter, go to your local pub fridaynight and do some low-light shooting. You'll be amazed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivo wrote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:

You don't need good weather to play with the jupiter, go to your local pub fridaynight and do some low-light shooting. You'll be amazed.

Do you rly mean Jup 9 wide open is that good?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
Ivo wrote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:

Do you rly mean Jup 9 wide open is that good?

It's not tacksharp but great for moody portraits. Remember that it's designed as a portrait lens, not as a macro lens.