Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8 50mm f2 nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Thx for all replies Smile
Now i`m waiting for my J-3 and will see which one is better Smile
One fullsize sample something between f4-f5.6

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5183/jedentu.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
I see you got lucky with your copy. Superb pics. I really like the last one. Smile

impressionism

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
These pics are looking great
I would love to see this lens in a direct comparision test wide open and stopped down to F5.6 to a more modern lens like any Minolta MD 50mm, Canon FD 50mm, or something similar. I had some bad M39 Industars so I went careful with Rangefinder-Russians.

http://www.collection-appareils.fr/avoscrayons/html/50mm.php

Nice comparisons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-8-5cm-f2-8-red-p-kiev-contax-rf-sony-nex-3-t47036.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Hari, thanks very much for that! I had no idea that they used Zeiss glass.

Read the following (all of his website actually): http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-483601546
A good reference is Princelle's book Authentic Guide to Russian and Soviet Cameras. I bought it a year ago straight from the editor. A recommended book if you want make an educated difference between the FED and the DROOG or a JUPITER and a HELIOS. ***WARNING*** Reading this book may lead to unwanted side-effects, such as collecting all possible variants of Ruski optics. ***ANOTHER WARNING*** The website also has a negative influence on the relation bank account - lens collection.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
Kram wrote:
Hari, thanks very much for that! I had no idea that they used Zeiss glass.

Read the following (all of his website actually): http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-483601546
A good reference is Princelle's book Authentic Guide to Russian and Soviet Cameras. I bought it a year ago straight from the editor. A recommended book if you want make an educated difference between the FED and the DROOG or a JUPITER and a HELIOS. ***WARNING*** Reading this book may lead to unwanted side-effects, such as collecting all possible variants of Ruski optics. ***ANOTHER WARNING*** The website also has a negative influence on the relation bank account - lens collection.

fotomachi, thanks! LOL! I am already on the road to hopeless addiction. I'm not going to fight it! Much appreciated.
Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
Few more:

I recognize here the new Stadion of Warsaw. I saw it under (re)construction...
Nice bokeh BTW!

Do widzenia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meanwhile I found a cheap Jupiter 8 50/2 with Contax C/Kiev 4 mount - does anyone where to get an cheap adapter for NEX?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Smull"]
karabud wrote:
Few more:
I recognize here the new Stadion of Warsaw. I saw it under (re)construction...
Nice bokeh BTW!

Do widzenia.

Yeah Smile I took few pics from the train Smile
hope that it will work on Euro 2012
btw it`s built from the beginning, nobody understand why apart from the potential profits for some of people..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
In the meanwhile I found a cheap Jupiter 8 50/2 with Contax C/Kiev 4 mount - does anyone where to get an cheap adapter for NEX?

hi, there aren`t cheap adapter for it....if you looking for cheap l39 just send me pm will find you good one Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:

my friend has it, he want to sell it for $65. that's cheapest I know

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon S Adapters should also work, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Nikon S Adapters should also work, right?

Not for these. Nikon S will work for some jupiter-9 and 11 maybe some other but unfortunately not for 50s.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

my friend has it, he want to sell it for $65. that's cheapest I know

rainbowimg ebay seller Nikon S external Kiev adapter 28 USD.