Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 11A 135mm f/4 in the Olympus E-330
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 11A 135mm f/4 in the Olympus E-330 Reply with quote

I got this lens very cheap from the colleague scsambrook. I also have another Jupiter 11 (the older zebra, not 11A), but this one shows a better colour rendering and better sharpness. Also the bokeh is remarkable:

Some samples, notice the bokeh and colouring. All them shot at F4 in Av mode:

Cheers,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jes! This is a better lens indeed, but your zebra is lot more rare collectible lens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

This Jupiter 11A looks like my Automat version ! What mount is it ?

Please look here

http://forum.mflenses.com/hidden-gem-t19145.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes -- congrats ! - you'll be happy with your JUPITER 11-A ..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Shocked
This Jupiter 11A looks like my Automat version ! What mount is it ?

Looks like a standard "A" ("Adapter") mount (a stripped-off T2 without the inner part), same as Jupiter-37A. The name of the lens speaks clearly Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's M42.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
It's M42.

Yes - but the mount can be removed (3 screws) and replaced by the outer ring of a T2-Olympus adapter. You have to be careful - not all adapter rings will fit. It may not offer much of an advantage for an Olympus user but the approach is particularly useful for Nikon users, for example, and means that the use of corrective glass can be avoided.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Jesito wrote:
It's M42.

Yes - but the mount can be removed (3 screws) and replaced by the outer ring of a T2-Olympus adapter. You have to be careful - not all adapter rings will fit. It may not offer much of an advantage for an Olympus user but the approach is particularly useful for Nikon users, for example, and means that the use of corrective glass can be avoided.

Thanks for the info, this opens a world of experimentation! Wink

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks aoleg, jes , john for the info ! Very Happy