Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

It´s decided, I´m going all Konica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: It´s decided, I´m going all Konica Reply with quote

Having tried various brands (Nikkor, Canon FL, Minolta MC, Takumars and Konica AR), I´ve decided to stick with Konica and try and get a more or less complete set (except the UC ones, too expensive). The ones I like the most are, so far:

Not seen here are my late version 28/3.5 (5 element), 50/1.7 (shorter lens with 0.55 m MFD), 52/1.8 and 135/3.5 (a great lens, but not as good as the 3.2). I also had the 40/1.8, which I didn´t find any real use for, so I sold it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's nice to have found "your" set or "your" brand. And there are not many who decide for exclusively Konica.

I wish you a great time with your lenses! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need is a nice film camera now and they will feel at home Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very smart move. Konica lenses are still cheap but that will change. You are getting premium quality and consistency for peanuts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice selection, the 21mm f4 isn't too costly right now and for a body, I can only say that the Auto T3 does it for me. In both its guises, I have 5 altogether!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD BAD choice never settle for konica's Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
A very smart move. Konica lenses are still cheap but that will change. You are getting premium quality and consistency for peanuts.

+1 I bought almost all Laughing Laughing sadly I did pass 28mm f1.8 due price.

But honestly stuck on one brand not too smart, there is many better lenses than Konicas even if they are love them much , Zeiss or Leica top coating is mile ahead before Konica in several situations and some lens bokeh etc etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fully aware of other lenses outperforming Konicas, but I don't want to spend the money required for Zeiss or Leica. To me, the difference in performance doesn't justify the (larger) difference in price. Having said that, I will definitely keep some of my other lenses, especially those that are optically better than the corresponding Konica lens (I will just not buy any more lenses from other brands). For instance, the 55/2.8 micro-Nikkor is still the sharpest lens I own (I've compared it to Canon FL, Minolta MC, Vivitar 55/2.8 (1:1 natively) and the Konica, the Nikkor beats them all).

As for Konica bodies, I have three. Since the meter runs on old mercury batteries and I don't have a converter for available batteries, I've never used them. For film, I plan on using my Minolta XE-1, which runs on currently available 1.55 V batteries. It also feels as a better camera in general, compared to the Konicas. As much as I love Konica lenses, the bodies have never really "done it" for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Zeiss or Leica top coating is mile ahead before Konica

this may be true.. except for the UC Hexanons. I find them equal to T* (and not just for coating)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sceptic wrote:
Since the meter runs on old mercury batteries and I don't have a converter for available batteries, I've never used them.

how about a FT-1 then? It runs with regular AA batteries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
sceptic wrote:
Since the meter runs on old mercury batteries and I don't have a converter for available batteries, I've never used them.

how about a FT-1 then? It runs with regular AA batteries

I have a Konica body, TC-X if I remember correctly, that runs on AA (or AAA, can´t remember), but the meter doesn´t work due to some other issue... I will not spend the money required to fix the meter, as that is probably going to cost quite a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sceptic wrote:
As for Konica bodies, I have three. Since the meter runs on old mercury batteries and I don't have a converter for available batteries, I've never used them....

If they use the PX625 you can use a PX625A alkaline battery. The voltage is a couple of tenths of a volt lower but it simply works. Try, the batteries are less than a quid each on ebay.

Re an adapter. I wrap a thin strip of electricians tape round the edge of an LR44 battery, just enough to stop it moving and you get the exact voltage both options are easy to so and no expensive adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the TC-X can run with both.. AA or AAA batteries. And true.. fixing it would probably cost too much. Sad