Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this haze or is it just a fantasy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent condition will be clear with none of those issues so you won't see anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the way the Fujinon looked like, in the same backlit condition...but how does it look with the light shining through? I bet there would be a lot of enhanced dust...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy any led light lower power is better or simple use cheap garbage level Chinese batteries, use a magnifier and glass if you need , describe honestly what you see in lens on surface, that is it. I do always this, works.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excellent condition will be clear with none of those issues so you won't see anything.

I am so struck by this photograph of a type I seldom see with lenses for sale or auction on eBay. Here in this photo iris is fully open and you can look through the lens at an illuminated surface.

Too often lenses I see offered for auction (eBay) seller shows photo with a closed iris. This enhances concealment of any problem. Sometimes they even post photos with lens cap(s) still in place!!!!! Crazy

You might say it's intentional, and sometimes I suppose it is. But more often, I believe, the seller just lacks common sense and is not thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I thought the buyer was trying to pull a fast one, I would offer a full refund and pay for him to ship it back (ie. call his bluff). I may end up a lot out of pocket but have the satisfaction of making sure he didn't get the pleasure of owning the lens after scamming me.

Incidentally, did you keep a photo or record of the serial number?