Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this 3D enough? SMC M Pentax 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Is this 3D enough? SMC M Pentax 50/1.4 Reply with quote

I still learn to make 3d picture with this lens. Is this 3D enough? I need some advices please.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been used to other lenses that produce 3D .... well I don't see any 3D in any of the pics , sorry Sad

Try to use f2.8~f4 to maximize 3D .Also PP sharpness will help.
Don't expect any strong 3D from the SMC!!! ( I own the Asahi S-M-C one,and it's "special" in other ways) Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny cat shot, flower and last one show 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know how you got the kitten off your foot with all your toes intact! Laughing I can't offer any advice on 3D...I need to learn as well Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I would like to know how you got the kitten off your foot with all your toes intact! Laughing I can't offer any advice on 3D...I need to learn as well Smile

this cat is pedicure expert, he just do his job Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Fungus removal???( I hope you don't mind our joking IAZA?)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the cat shot a lot!

As for 3D, I've never seen any images that appear to be 3D. Unless one is using a stereo camera or some other divice, it's just a 2D image.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely reach into the shot with the kitten and pet it, so it's certainly 3D enough for me Wink

It's a really great photo Suat!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I like em all and I even have an smc pentax-m so I gotta try to do as well.

Were you wide open on those?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely set of pictures, regarding the flower shot which is nearly perfect, crop out that distracting yellow leaf which will improve the flowers impact no end.
Well done

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a lot of pics of greats masters without any 3D at all. And here Cartier Bresson, Mapleton, Stieglitz are the clear examples.

As well, I saw a lot of images with 3 D and not say nathing to me. Only a oof foreground, a sharp object behind and another oof background. With a lot of greens and a vivid color object (flower, girl, pet, etc).
Nice 3 D, well. But and now what?

Not matter to me the 3 D by itself. Only like a game, yes.

My S-M-C 1,4/50 give me 3 D too, if I know how createed the circumstances adecuate for the lens to do that. I think that the 3 D is a question subject to be created by the photographer using a wide aperture ( wide open to F/2,8 or 4 according to the distances between the foreground, the object and the background). More OOF of the foreground and background, more 3D.
The correct use of the colors help too. The background with colder colors and the foreground with warm colors is the best option to do more evident the effect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do 3D effect then:
1) Post bigger pictures !
The bigger the picture, the simpler is to "dive" into it.
2) The element that is in focus and should "pop" out, has to be 100% ON the picture (like that cat, as the ear is cut out, the 3D effect does not happen, our mind just sees it all on one plane).
3) DoF !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all comments and nice words. I will practice more, based on those written above.
Wide open is on cat and last picture while flower shot @ f 5,6
I bought this firs Pentax lens after I read some posting on MFL club that suggest us to buy Takumar now. And I like this lens.

I will compare it to HFT Planar 50/1,4 soon
Ohh BTW if you want to look a bigger picture you can see here just click the picture to see bigger size
@mo, she bites me everytime i moved my foot, yeah maybe she saw some fungus or haze Very Happy