Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

international observe the moon night Sept 18th 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: international observe the moon night Sept 18th 2010 Reply with quote

Hi all

sept 18th was international observe the moon night, so I went out and took some shots with a mirror lens a pal loaned me and 2 2x teleconverters and my new ( never used) super Tak 200mm ( with lens hood and tripod)

Vivitar 500mm with TWO 2x Tcs one vivitar , one noname
I think thats 3000mm on my KX body

Next up is one I took on the night of the 17th with the new ST 200mm , first shots of it ever , there was still black paint on the m42 threads!

next, after seeing how chromatically messed up the mirror lens was, plus focusing was about 1 degree of moving the rings, I put the vivitar one on the camera with the ST 200mm ( the colour hue is still messed up)

and last , I used the ST by itself, and by now I had a feel for what settings t use, as i am shooting in total manual mode , which is alot of fun!

it was anice warmish ( for canada) evening 13C/55F and the kids had fun looking throughthe lenses and watching the live view on the LCD my littlest one ( aged 3) said ,
"The moon has beaches on it!!"

hope you enjoy the shots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, this experience made me become a NON-fan of mirror lenses and cheap teleconverters

Even the decent TC on the St 200 sucks a lot of the contrast and clarity out , it was better for me to crop a vanilla shot instead

nite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What filter was in the Vivitar 500mm...I only ask as there is a vivitar 500 series 1 mirror for a reasonable price on ebay and it came with filters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it had a filter , but then again Im no expert, I just borrowed it off a friend