Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-61 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Industar-61 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

I bought a Fed 4 with this lens for next to nothing. Camera woks perfectly and the lens is an excellent copy. Made in 1986 and easily as good as any other Industar I've owned, which is a good number. So much for the theory that late production FSU lenses are not good, this is my third mid 80s one of these and they have all been great.

All wide open, No PP, dirty horrible gray rainy day, contrast, sharpness and colours are all great considering the conditions. Probably the only way to get a better tessar type than this is the vastly more expensive Tessar T* 2.8/45.

This one is at f8, to show you just how dark an horrid it was:

This is a lens that deserves far more respect, it's so cheap yet so capable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple of stitched HDRs I did indoors due to all the rain.

I wrote a short tutorial on my HDR stitching technique:

http://forum.mflenses.com/my-stitching-technique-t60849.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... but the sun will come and your lens will shine, I'm sure.
The pic with the cars on the street starts to show how capable this glass is, really.
Maybe for 3 times I was at the point to get one, and got another lens instead, because I have so many fifties around here. Shame...

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have too many 50s too, oh well. Smile