Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Indoor Sports NEX + Zuiko 50mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Indoor Sports NEX + Zuiko 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

Having tried this before with a Fuji s100fs I got very poor results. I was advised I'd need much better quality gear to get anything from this environment. On getting the NEX I quickly realised the kit lens was no where near fast enough in this light so grabbed the Zuiko and went for it wide open. I think the softness is acceptable for 1.8 but not got a lot to compare it with though mind you

Posture! by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Half Guard by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Guillotine by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Engage by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, I think these are excellent. Nice to see catch still being practiced up in Scotland, my grandfather was from Wigan and was a pretty good wrestler in the 1920s.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty sharp, very good photos Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, Didn't realise catch wrestling went so far back! This is No Gi BJJ but similar to catch, its getting VERY popular there was guys from all over the uk there despite the weather causing poor travelling conditions at the time. Going to another in Edinburgh tomorrow will maybe give the helios a shot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, excellent indeed!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, did you shoot b&w straight from the NEX or process them after? they look good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice indeed..last one quite funny..are they going to kissing or what..LOL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

I converted them to B&W afterwords in silver efex pro 2 Haven't played to much with the in camera presets, need to give that a go.

Ha ha yes they do look quite romantic don't they! the whole sport can be summed up by this picture here

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did for a short while judo and due 'romantic' I did switch to karate Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: trying Yashica ML 50mm 1.4 and Konica hexanon 40mm 1.8 Reply with quote

Decided to try the faster Yashica 50mm 1.4 and wider Hexanon 40mm 1.8 in the same environment. the Yashica renders colours nicer in my view but is much more difficult to use than the Konica. Saying that the Yashica is usable wide open where as the Konica definitely is not in this environment, it gave an odd glow to shot and really was too soft.

Yashica ML 50mm 1.4

Scotia BJJ Cup (winter leg) by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Konica Hexanon 40mm 1.8

Scotia BJJ Cup Feb 2014 by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great results! Manually focusing sport is good fun Very Happy