Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm without a 50mm! Need a good relatively cheap one.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Klarth wrote:
Are m42 Fujinon lenses usable on any m42 body or m42 Eos adapter ring? I can't use a EBC Fujinon 55mm 1.8, the aperture ring got stuck.

Most Fujinons have automatic aperture control only, so you need an adapter which presses down the aperture actuator pin, or you need to modify the lens. Almost all Fujinons are very easy to modify for manual aperture non-destructively, but unfortunately the 55mm f/1.8 is an exception—hard to open, needs to be disassembled from the front to access aperture pin.

Another possible problem (which can lead to “stuck” aperture ring) is the open-aperture system some of these lenses have; there's a little protrusion on the aperture ring, and it may keep the ring from turning if screwed onto an M42 adapter. Solutions are either to file down the protrusion (losing open-aperture functionality on some Fujica bodies, but otherwise no effect on behaviour) or to cut a piece off the M42 adapter.

So, admittedly these may be bit tricky to use on digital. No problems with most M42 film bodies.

Thanks for the explanation!

I think i'll just leave it like that. Happily i can use any m42 lenses on the Fujica and Eos camera. The 58mm it's the only Fujinon i have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Nikkor 50's Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Nikkors 50/1.8 are great but cost quite a bit, probably owing to the fact they can be mounted on many Nikon digital bodies with full metering capabilities.

Not sure why you think Nikkor 50 1.8's are expensive. I just picked one up on eBay for about $50, and the newer (plastic) AF version, which has identical optics, is only a bit over $100 new. The older lens has become my favorite portrait lens on my G1. Also the 55 2.8 Micro Nikkors can be had for not much more than $100 on eBay. I just got one for $120, and it even included a fairly decent polarizer, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to welcome you here, phototransformations. This is a great forum.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor 50's Reply with quote

phototransformations wrote:
aoleg wrote:
Nikkors 50/1.8 are great but cost quite a bit, probably owing to the fact they can be mounted on many Nikon digital bodies with full metering capabilities.

Not sure why you think Nikkor 50 1.8's are expensive.

I paid $10 for a Super-Takumar 55/2, $20 and $12 for Yashica ML 50/1.9 and 50/2. S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4 was a gift. Most Helios (44, 77) lenses I paid $15 and less. In comparison, the Nikkor *is* expensive Smile Having said that, I am waiting for my copy to arrive soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Let me be the first to welcome you here, phototransformations. This is a great forum.

Thanks for the welcome! Using MF lenses again, with my G1, has been an unexpected pleasure with this little camera. I haven't touched my Nikon since I got the G1 a month or so ago, and I have only rarely used the G1 kit lens. I even resuscitated a 56-year-old Robot Star Schneider-Kreuznach lens (though I find it to be a bit flat and flare-prone compared even to the 20-30 year-old Nikkors). Brings back not only memories, but a whole different way of shooting.