Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ICC/Color profile support at browser...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: ICC/Color profile support at browser... Reply with quote

Initially I didnt know that there is something like color management/profile support at browser.

First Safari and then Firefox 3.xx came with a support of ICC profiles.

With now Google Chrome hype is going on in full swing, I checked the color management feature with "eye" test. And now found out on internet that Chrome doesnt support ICC profile.

This is the result of my simple eye test,

The differences in colors, in Chrome and Firefox with Color management plugin installed & color vision created profile selected, are too huge to ignore,

But, I am novice in this field. I have one question in mind,

If you monitor is calibrated, does it matter whether your browser supports the ICC or customized profile..

(My laptop behaves weirdly. It selects the customized profile after every re-boot. But I cant select mine preference after it goes to sleep mode/standby. Some how Sleep mode stops some processes which cant be restarted. And I dont reboot for days...)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: ICC/Color profile support at browser... Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Initially I didnt know that there is something like color management/profile support at browser.

First Safari and then Firefox 3.xx came with a support of ICC profiles.

With now Google Chrome hype is going on in full swing, I checked the color management feature with "eye" test. And now found out on internet that Chrome doesnt support ICC profile.

Odd, since Google Chrome uses the same Webkit engine as Safari.

Ballu wrote:
This is the result of my simple eye test,

The differences in colors, in Chrome and Firefox with Color management plugin installed & color vision created profile selected, are too huge to ignore,

But, I am novice in this field. I have one question in mind,

If you monitor is calibrated, does it matter whether your browser supports the ICC or customized profile..

(My laptop behaves weirdly. It selects the customized profile after every re-boot. But I cant select mine preference after it goes to sleep mode/standby. Some how Sleep mode stops some processes which cant be restarted. And I dont reboot for days...)

Well known Vista bug, unfortunately.

P.S. suggest this thread is moved to Techniques rather than Café.