Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I replaced my Zorki 4K
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: I replaced my Zorki 4K Reply with quote

Well, not quite, I still have my old one but the shutter has a bit of a drag on slow speeds which I don't have the time to fix at the moment. So I picked up another which included a set of three Jupiters. I paid £50 - A bit more than I might normaly on FSU stuff but OK if they were all good. I figured I was more likely to get something that worked if they were all in a set that had always been used together. I took it out last week and they worked just fine. Smile
So it's in my bag with a few rolls of HP5 to give me a rest from the digi stuff.
I thought I might try the jupiter 9 on my bessa but I've heard they don't focus correctly - or the cam needs adjusting or something. Anyone any experience?

my yougest persuing his favouite sport - 35/2.8 expired superia 200 converted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zorki plus three black Jupiter for 50 quid? That's a great price!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Zorki lenses on Bessa RF Reply with quote

I can't say about the 85mm, but my 50mm f2 couples perfectly on my Bessa R (and my Leica M2), so I'd go ahead and carefully shoot a roll of film. Pity the 35mm 2.8 Jupiter won't fit the Bessa ... a good one really is good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Zorki lenses on Bessa RF Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I can't say about the 85mm, but my 50mm f2 couples perfectly on my Bessa R (and my Leica M2), so I'd go ahead and carefully shoot a roll of film. Pity the 35mm 2.8 Jupiter won't fit the Bessa ... a good one really is good.

yes, I think the 35 will stay on the zorki - no where else for it to go at the moment. But it's a good combination. the 85 I'll try and see, it's perfect on the Zorki.

Quote:
The Zorki plus three black Jupiter for 50 quid? That's a great price!

with hindsight yes, but it didn't feel like it before I knew what they were like. Always a lottery buying blind.