Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I received the Nikon AIS ED 180mm f/2.8 lens...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: I received the Nikon AIS ED 180mm f/2.8 lens... Reply with quote

Yesterday I received the Nikon AIS ED 180mm f/2.8 MF lens that I bought from a guy via Craig's List ($275, shipped), and it is a nice one! Nice, but HEAVY. I mounted the lens on my Nikon F3HP/MD4, handed it to my wife, and she almost dropped it, due to the weight. I guess it's a good thing that I'm a big, strong guy...LOL...

Now, I need to find a cheap, but GOOD 72mm soft-focus or diffusion filter to go with this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dann
Why would you want to diffuse one of the sharpest lenses on the market. That 180 is really top notch and does beautiful portraits wide open with creamy boke. You are going to love it and that was a very nice price

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right...For most of the shooting I'll do with this lens,, but then there are times when a nice diffusion or soft-focus can really make the photo "just right".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Dan

and congrats!

I was browsing British ffordes online store pages. They have used equipment, and Nikon 72 mm soft focus filters for £15 and £25.

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

PS I have got my copy of 180mm ED for a few days. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glockman, I was thinking to myself...I recognize that avatar =) I'm also on CPF and BF (the latter being where I believe I saw you). Didn't think I'd see you on here =)

The 180/2.8ED is one of my favorite lenses, ever. I had a really beat up copy, as well as a near mint one (sold the first, second was stolen...grrr), and they both were wonderful. Super sharp, and the image 'pop'ed wonderfully. It was a neat-looking combo on my 300D Digital Rebel =) I've since bought the Canon 80-200/2.8L which I think rivals or beats it in terms of sharpness and 'pop', so it would be tying up money to get another one - but for some reason, I'm still tempted =)

Enjoy that 180! You got a good price on it too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think best lens for Nikonians under 500 USD, Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the-must-have-lens if you are using NIKON camera. Very Happy
Even you do not use it like myself. Very Happy Very Happy

Congrats glockman99!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfmc wrote:
Glockman, I was thinking to myself...I recognize that avatar =) I'm also on CPF and BF (the latter being where I believe I saw you). Didn't think I'd see you on here =)

The 180/2.8ED is one of my favorite lenses, ever. I had a really beat up copy, as well as a near mint one (sold the first, second was stolen...grrr), and they both were wonderful. Super sharp, and the image 'pop'ed wonderfully. It was a neat-looking combo on my 300D Digital Rebel =) I've since bought the Canon 80-200/2.8L which I think rivals or beats it in terms of sharpness and 'pop', so it would be tying up money to get another one - but for some reason, I'm still tempted =)

Enjoy that 180! You got a good price on it too.

Yup, I'm a long-time moderator over at BladeForums, and have been on CPF for quite some time, too. I'm "glockman99" on both of those ones, as well as everywhere else on the 'Net.

I DO like this Nikon ED 180mm AIS lens, but I do already have it up for trade (for Nikon 105mm AIS f/2.5 and 85mm AI f/1.8 lenses) on a couple other "photo-forums" that I frequent. (I know...I'm a fickle guy...LOL...).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, nice to meet you Dann!
Btw, email sent about that 180/2.8D... =)