Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just won a Sigmatel 135/1.8 fast telephoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
Abbazz wrote:
thePiRaTE!! wrote:
Do you have any shots you've taken with this lens you wouldn't mind sharing Abazz?

Kelly, While I try to locate some pictures taken with this lens,

Here are a few I too with mine:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,89713.html#89713

Very impressive! Even if I saw already these and I have this lens, I am surprised!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be great to have another round of shots from this lense Very Happy !!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1.8/135mm Reply with quote

bartpeeren wrote:
just bought one in a junk shop.
Pentax K-mount, like new, for € 5.00 including case.
It's the Porst MC variety.

Bart. Laughing

I'm not 100% sure that the Porst is the same lens as the Sigmatel...They might be the same optically but they certainly are'nt mechanically...The Porst is noticably different in external design, making it possible that it was manufactured by another company.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got 1 Sigmatel 135/1.8, now I have a problem. I just change the mount from m42 to F mount by T/T2 converter. I also have Vivitar Series 1 135/2.3 AI mount, one of them should put on sale but I really have no decision. Any one have experiences with these 2 lenses. I need your kind of advices! Thanks !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own neither of them, but from all I know the Series 1 is said to be much better than the Sigmatel, especially at wide apertures. It is also slower though, so I guess it boils down to whether you need those ~2/3 f-stops and how much image quality you are willing to sacrifice.

Any chance you can take some comparison shots? It would also be interesting to know how much faster the Sigmatel really is. Lousy coating and other stuff can easily swallow a third of a stop or more.

Oh, and drop me a message in case you want to sell the Sigmatel, I might be interested. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plutonium: These fast lenses will not do well in bright light, so how about doing a comparison of the two lenses, both at fully open and in muted light? I'd be curious what the actual difference is in exposure. I've read some opinions that the Series 1 was actually faster than labeled.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Spiratone 135mm f1.8 in Minolta MC/MD mount Reply with quote

My copy of this giant hunk of glass came in Minolta MC/MD mount.
I'm using an adapter from Fotodiox, it has glass in it.
I know this isn't the correct solution, but, I wanted to play as soon as I could.
I am uncertain if the adapter or the lens causes the vignetting I see in my pics.

From the brief play time I had, the first two photos suggests swirly bokeh:

This photo shows the great far distance blur of this lens:

The following series show the great close distance blur of this lens:

- f16 :

- f5.6 :

- f1.8 :

this ^^^ series of 3 is a pool railing, BTW...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Spiratone 135mm f1.8 in Minolta MC/MD mount Reply with quote

hmm, the preview was good, the posting is not?
Oh, patience grasshopper, patience...
Seems to work now, good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sigmatel is absolutely gorgeous to look at.
God, i knew subscribing to this site would have been a bad idea, now i'm screwed.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Sigmatel is NOT the same as the Spiratone... Reply with quote

Update:
I have been researching the optics and mechanical designs of various 135mm f1.8 lenses.

The following models are all optically identical (5 elements in 4 groups) and all were made by Mitake:
Spiratone Plura-Coat, Porst, Computar, Promura CP-Lux, Kenlock, Formula 5, Eyemik, Apollo, Accura, Varo, Vivitar and Weltblick (possibly a few more I don't know about too).

The following models are optically identical too (6 elements in 4 groups) but of a different optical and mechanical design to the ones above...They were made by a currently uknown manufacturer (Which was possibly Goyo Optical, Yoshida Industries, Tomioka or Tokina):
Spiratone (the "normal" version), Polaris, Raynox-Polaris, Carena, Beroflex and Samigon (and again, possibly a few more I don't know about too).

The Soligor version has a simple optical design (5 elements in 3 groups) and its unique to it and no other 135mm f1.8 lenses, at least that I know of.

The Sigmatel and The Sigma XQ versions are optically identical (6 elements in 5 groups) and both were made by Sigma.

Last edited by DSG on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a Formula 5 MC 135mm f/1.8 made by Mitake. Already sold it.

In indoor shots the sharpness looks OK at wide open. On outdoor daylight shots I sometimes spotted some purple-green LoCA.