Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am looking for a Meyer-Görlitz Trioplan V 100/2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: I am looking for a Meyer-Görlitz Trioplan V 100/2.8 M42 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum. I spend a lot of time on Pentaxforums but recently have developed a lust for M42 glass. I love my Jupiter 9 and my Helios 44M... they spend a lot of time on my cameras. Recently bought a Industar pancake and a Pentacon 50 1.8. I have CZ jena tessar 50 with really tight focus, that I need to fix somehow...

Anyway for the last month I have been on the hunt for a MG Trioplan 100/2.8 M42. I have lost out three times on ebay...(and missed a 'buy it now' for under $100u.s. by just two minutes) so I am hoping some of you may have one you could offer me before you put it on ebay.

Unfortunately, I am one of those guys who never sells any lenses so I am looking for an excellent copy of this lens that I can keep as my own. Smooth focus and aperture and clean glass.

Also any tips on what I should be looking for in this lens would be much appreciated. I know little about it except I love the 'look' of the photos I have seen. So if there are different versions that are better to look out for I would like to know.

Thanks for the help

gus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one extra. Give me a day to post photos and descrption.
It's quite fresh for it's age and origins case included.

Cheers
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Gus!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Gus - and good luck in your endeavour, it's a beautiful lens Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the welcome Reply with quote

Attila and Mal1905 thanks for you welcome messages. This seems like a great place to learn about these wonderful old lenses and meet some MF folk... I look forward to spending some time doing just that.

Andy I look forward to the pics and descriptions of your lens...

What a small world... My sister lives in the sprawling metropolis that is Anacortes Wa...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gus
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
It's a small world indeed.
It's a small town Anacortes also. Chances are I know your sister or someone who does.
Anyway Here are the pics.
I need to look up what I paid for this one. It was not the best buy I ever made.
The lens is mint as you can see. I don't think it was mounted much at all.
Focus and Aperture are smooth. Blades are in excellent condition (all 15 of them !).
The hood is the only thing that shows a bit of wear from the cap being taken off and put back on. Other than that just a few minor marks here and there.
Sorry for the quick pics. After a day off yesterday I'm a bit overloaded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen better looking one! Don't sell Man!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... that is beautiful... let us know the going price and if the OT doesn't want it, perhaps I will...... :-DDD

No, I have to restrain myself, I already have a 100mm....

Do you have any awesome looking 135s? Smile))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful looking lens, I would love to have it on my camera... let me know what you want for it...

Ps did you grow up in Anacortes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gus
I'll get back to you when via PM.
Sit down when you open it (the PM). This one won't be too cheap.
If it is too much I have my user copy as well. Not as pristine but, optically identical.
No I grew up in Seattle. Came to A-town in '02. Ready to leave also Embarassed

Cheers
Andy