Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hoya HMC 2.8/24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I didn't use the built-in HDR.

I'm getting annoyed now, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

+1

We have digital galleries your HDR work well deserve it to publish them in Digital Gallery , they are nice art work , better place than Manual Focus lenses and more fit into there than here.

Absolutely Smile The galleries are for people to show off their work, the main forum is for discussion about lenses and their performance.

Just to add to this thread, I owned the Hoya HMC 24/2.8 for quite a while and it wasn't bad sharpness wise. It's not an easy lens to find however, but usually comes fairly cheap (in my experience). It was a reasonable match for the Tamron AD2 24/2.5, but not as sharp in the centre. The Nikkor 24/2.8 AiS thrashed it, however. But then, the Nikkor was twice as expensive Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I picked up a Konica mount Mitakon 24/2.8 for £15.00 last week...hopefully I can get some shots in on the Nex before Christmas and compare it to the Nikkor Ais and non-AI versions Smile From that I should be able to deduce how close it is to the Tamron and the Hoya lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I didn't use the built-in HDR.

I'm getting annoyed now, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

Well, Sorry for that. It was not my aim : I should have add that HDR is a matter of taste.
Please, also consider that english is not my natural language. I'm not able to use all the diplomatic subtleties which obviously were necessary.
So, thanks for sharing. And what a beautiful countryside you have !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry guys, had some bad news yesterday that put me in a bad frame of mind.

Thanks for explainging your viewpoints.

I agree, better for me to post HDR work in the galleries.

Now I have a 24mm Hexanon I will have to compare that to the Hoya. I am expecting the Konica to win.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I agree, better for me to post HDR work in the galleries.

Now I have a 24mm Hexanon I will have to compare that to the Hoya. I am expecting the Konica to win.

I hope you get better news now - and good luck with the Hexanon, I think too that it might give better IQ than the Hoya!