Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to Develop B&W Negative Film in Coffee
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will be shocked with the quality of this wonderful brew. In all the research into this I have conducted, (I'm a university lecturer and will be introducing this process next term) the significant factor is the ratio's of coffee, soap & vit C, time and temperature are not so critical, more kind of ball park.

Have you had any success with either C41 or E6? I found this website; http://camarasclassicas.blogspot.com/2010/10/caffenol-c.html
Check out the example images, its Kodak Portra, amazing! I tried with some Fuji neg film and but the orange was way too dense and i figured that however I tweaked the brew or the time the result would be nothing like his Portra examples. His other examples of the Konica Centuria film would be my best hope, a light orange that is suggestive of sepia.

I've got a roll of Ektachrome that I'm going to try, its not important so I'll do a clip test first of a foot of film and see how it goes.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeGale64 wrote:
People will be shocked with the quality of this wonderful brew. In all the research into this I have conducted, (I'm a university lecturer and will be introducing this process next term) the significant factor is the ratio's of coffee, soap & vit C, time and temperature are not so critical, more kind of ball park.

Have you had any success with either C41 or E6? I found this website; http://camarasclassicas.blogspot.com/2010/10/caffenol-c.html
Check out the example images, its Kodak Portra, amazing! I tried with some Fuji neg film and but the orange was way too dense and i figured that however I tweaked the brew or the time the result would be nothing like his Portra examples. His other examples of the Konica Centuria film would be my best hope, a light orange that is suggestive of sepia.

I've got a roll of Ektachrome that I'm going to try, its not important so I'll do a clip test first of a foot of film and see how it goes.

Cheers!

Mike, thanks so much. I had heard of color film being processed in coffee but never saw any results. This is really cool and I will try some this weekend as I have several rolls of different kinds of exposed color 120 film in the cooler.

Thanks again

Jules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I wait in suspense for the results!