Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

High Price of Summicron-R 50 1:2 with ROM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: High Price of Summicron-R 50 1:2 with ROM Reply with quote

Hi guys!

A friend of mine lent me his Summicron-R 50/2 with ROM and he's thinking about selling it to me. So I startet up fleaBay and realized that his ROM-Version is much more expensive than the earlier versions. Like more than twice the price. But I'm only talking about buy-it-now offers, are the auction prices also this high? How is this justified? I doubt there are so many users of R8 and R9 Bodies around, craving this lens...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At *bay you will find a link "erweiterte Suche". You can see here the auctions and sales of the last month. You must click "erledigte Angebote" too.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke Rolf!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Buy It Now' prices are meaningless. Some items sit at those prices for years.

The only thing that matters is the prices being achieved which you can see in 'completed listings'.

Anyway, ROM doesn't change the lens in any way so a R or 3 cam lens is the same optically and potentially cheaper. There are different versions of the 50/2 so make sure you are looking at the same version of lens (except for the cams which IMHO doesn't matter but it does affect the price people will pay) when comparing prices.