Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help needed on frame count window
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Help needed on frame count window Reply with quote

This may be a silly question but I have recently purchased a Voigtlander RollfilmKamera that makes a 6.5cm x 11cm negative. It has a 11.4cm f4.5 Anastigmat Skopar lens. But the frame count window on the back is green. My other rollfilm cameras have a red window. Does anyone know if this is a problem that needs to be corrected prior to using this thing with B&W film ?

I know 116 film is no longer available but I can use 120 with an improvised mask and guide or roll some 70mm unperforated with old backing paper but this green window thing has me concerned.

Thank you folks for any help you can offer !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edited from my first response]

It seems that green windows were introduced with the introduction of panchromatic B&W films and were said to offer better protection than the older red windows for orthochromatic films. So, the green should be OK to use.

In any case it's best to cover the window with black tape and only uncover when you advance the film.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
[edited from my first response]

It seems that green windows were introduced with the introduction of panchromatic B&W films and were said to offer better protection than the older red windows for orthochromatic films. So, the green should be OK to use.

In any case it's best to cover the window with black tape and only uncover when you advance the film.

Thank you very much for the help ! I was begining to think maybe it was for IR film. the camera and lens dates to 1928 I guess that would put it about the introduction of Pan film.

I will give her a whirl and post the results.

Thanks again Smile Smile Smile