Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me reassemble Canon nFD 50mm f/1.8 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Help me reassemble Canon nFD 50mm f/1.8 ? Reply with quote

I have disassembled/reassembled many other lenses before. This one - front end is simple, but the back end is just PITA. nFD mount seems really over-engineered for a mass-produced lens like this! I took it apart from the back (to clean the rear glass elements) but I cant seem to figure out how to put it back together, even looking at another one, still intact. I suspect all the rings and levers need to be aligned and maybe rotated in a certain way to drop into place, so that the aperture is locked in "off-camera" position?.. Does anyone have step-by-step instructions (preferably with photos Wink ) on how to re-assemble the mount-side of nFD lenses (without the breech)? I searched online, but no luck so far... Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's trivial. The trick is to assemble it in engaged position - as if the lens sits on the camera. Only when everything is put together do you rotate the base back to neutral.