Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me identify these Vivitar Wide-Angle lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Help me identify these Vivitar Wide-Angle lenses Reply with quote

Hello. I've come across three lenses that the owner claims to be for Olympus OM but is not completely sure.

If anyone can verify this for me I would appreciate it. Also if they are indeed OM lenses I would like to know if they are worth much or if it is possible to retrofit them for Sony DSLR or Minolta MD mount in any way.

The lenses are:

Vivitar 24mm f/2
Vivitar 19mm f/3.8
Vivitar Macro Focusing Teleconverter

Thanks!

One of the things I've also been looking for recently is a wide or ultra-wide lens which has a reasonable MFD when mounted on bellows or extension tube in order to take "Wide-Macro" shots.

I want to be able to get about 1:2 magnification from bellows while having an MFD of at least 2 inches rather than the negative values (inside lens or right on front objective) that I'm experiencing with the MD lenses I've tried.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like OM mounts.

The 19/3.8 is likely the one made by Cosina and its decent enough but no world-beater. They can be found in Nikon and Pentax K mount for under $100. I doubt you could find a similar MF lens for Sony, so it may be worth converting.

The valuable lens there is the 24/2. The serial number should give you the maker. I'd guess it would be worth $200 or more in a popular mount. The OM version probably would go for less. Again, there is nothing like it made for Sony mount.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the diaphragm works on the 24/2. They often don't until cleaned up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Do you know if an OM->Minolta AF or M42 adapter exists?

luisalegria wrote:
They look like OM mounts.

The 19/3.8 is likely the one made by Cosina and its decent enough but no world-beater. They can be found in Nikon and Pentax K mount for under $100. I doubt you could find a similar MF lens for Sony, so it may be worth converting.

The valuable lens there is the 24/2. The serial number should give you the maker. I'd guess it would be worth $200 or more in a popular mount. The OM version probably would go for less. Again, there is nothing like it made for Sony mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Viv 24mm f/2, may be the Kiron made model. If so, it's pretty good. The Vivitar "macro-focusing" teleconverter is a high quality 7 element converter.

Kiron Kid