Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help: How to adjust infinity?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Help: How to adjust infinity? Reply with quote

Hi!
After some shooting, i noticed that one of my lenses was focusing way past infinity. So i searched the internet and found out that i could loosen the focusing ring to adjust infinity. So what i did was to put the lens with live view, wide open and focused on a really far object, then i just tightened the focusing ring and now the lens is spot on focusing to infinity wide open,
but then i noticed that when i want to use the hyperfocal distance markings (and stop down to f11) to obtain the greatest area in focus when stopped down, and all my pictures are now sharp up to 4 m, after 4m to infinity, it's all blurry. The question is, how do you adjust infinity in order to be able to use the hyperfocal distance markings?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the lens 'spot on focusing to infinity wide open' then you cannot adjust it better
what lens have you fixed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an old sigma 3.5/200mm in om mount Sad I was thinking to adjust using live view and put the inifinity marker to the f11 mark, anyway i'm just playing trying to figure out how to "preset" my lenses when i can't focus with live view because it consumes way too much battery...