Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 77-K4 Samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Helios 77-K4 Samples Reply with quote

Helios 77-K4 50mm f1.8 samples.
This is not a common lens, it comes in Pentax K mount and is also available in m42 mount as the Helios 77-M4, apparently it is an ultron design, not a biotar like the Helios 44. Mine is from 1991 serial 9112490 and is the only example of this lens I have ever seen, and came fitted to a 1994 Zenit AM2.
F5.6 not cropped

F5.6 cropped

F16 not cropped

F4 cropped

F11 not cropped

F8 cropped

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics there! Based on these photos, I'm assuming the trademark Helios swirl is not present in this version?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive ... Shocked

the mc helios 77m in m42 mount is available on ebay for about $55 ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 for me what a great shot the swan looks extra amazing on it's nest.Any more of the swan on the nest?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afaik there are no swirlies with this Helios -or I didnt manage to find any, its the first time I used it . (Btw the 'M' version of the lens is auto only so to use it other than wide open it has to be modified or fitted to a flanged adapter to engage the push pin.)
For you Mo- a couple more of the Swan first with the Telear 200/3.5 and the second was, I think, the Jupiter37AM

Last edited by Poolhall on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm feeling guilty for not having taken out my Helios 77 recently. Lovely pics Poolhall.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I have never seen a photo of a swan nesting.You are lucky to have that pond where you live. Will you be around when the little ones are hatched?
I like the Telear shot but the other one is too dark, bad light?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo -yes hopefully I will get some of the cygnets-assuming there are any as this Swan seems to be on its own I have yet to see a partner.
The second pic is a bit dark as I did no pp to it so here's a slightly edited version lightened up a bit in camera raw

I think you are right it looks much better lighter Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big difference...amazing what you can do with PP.I hope it has a partner ...maybe the nest is the attraction..."owns own home come and check it out! Very Happy"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios 1.8/50mm does swirl. Sadly at the moment i can only find one crappy sample on my disk.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one ! I had a feeling it might as I have managed to get some swirls with the Zenitar M2/K2 50/2 before and its a very similar lens thanks for showing that any idea of the aperture? I presume it was wide open?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 77-K4 Samples Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Helios 77-K4 50mm f1.8 samples.
This is not a common lens, it comes in Pentax K mount and is also available in m42 mount as the Helios 77-M4, apparently it is an ultron design, not a biotar like the Helios 44. Mine is from 1991 serial 9112490 and is the only example of this lens I have ever seen, and came fitted to a 1994 Zenit AM2.
F5.6 not cropped

F5.6 cropped

F16 not cropped

F4 cropped

F11 not cropped

F8 cropped

Very Happy

Nice shots, especially No.1. Maybe spring has finally sprung!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hay fever says it has all right Ed...lol Very Happy Thanks for the comments all Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Nice one ! I had a feeling it might as I have managed to get some swirls with the Zenitar M2/K2 50/2 before and its a very similar lens thanks for showing that any idea of the aperture? I presume it was wide open?

Wide open for sure. I'll make new samples asap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely deep deep colors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 77-K4 Samples Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Helios 77-K4 50mm f1.8 ... apparently it is an ultron design, not a biotar like the Helios 44.

All Helioses are planars. This particular also has 6 lenses in 4 groups. Rumors say this is just a copy of Meyer Oreston/Pentacon 50/1.8 lens. But we will never know probably.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may well be right Dmitrygo I was confusing the Helios 77 with the Zenitar 1.7/50 which is an Ultron design. According to our friend No-X in his lists of lens types the Helios 44,77 and Zenitar 2/50 are all Biotar/Xenon types or assymetric planars, as is the Meyer /Pentacon 1.8/50, so the rumour that it is a copy is quite possibly true. Thanks for the info! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some more samples of bokeh. Taken at low light two hours ago.
All wide open. I post many samples to let you see the conditions required for the effect.
Sorry for that toning again. Swirly or not?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definite swirlies there thanks a lot for the proof Very Happy