Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 2/58...in the garden
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Helios 44-2 2/58...in the garden Reply with quote

I tried out the Helios today in a nursery garden,unfortunately or fortunately it rained...which produced the right light.These are shot under the house verandah looking out towards the light rain.What do you think? I learnt something today taking photos, that I don't like leaving half a flower on the bottom edge of an image. Very Happy
I bumped the contrast on most of these and some brightness adjustment and cropped a little but other than that it is straight from the camera. I look forward to using this lens a lot more...Is this the lens related to the Biotar?
#1 Do I crop out the green on the left or leave as is?

#2 This one I just like the painting ability of the lens.

#3 Background in focus

#4 front in focus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great serie, I love the colour rendering, for me is the first pic perfect like this....this lens is quite amazing especially for the price!……And it's so nice to see flowers at this moment because here it's grey, cold and raining Sad ......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pascal...it is raining here as well but the temperature is about 20 C+ degrees,cool for this time of year. Very Happy
Here is another with some more flowers.I cropped this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful colors and rendering.
Those are very cheering when i look at the snow outside Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely summery pictures mo - just what we need up here in the frozen north.

No need to crop - that off-centre composition is perfect for me, but I agree with you about trying not to cut off half a flower. No 4 is my favourite, lovely delicate colours and smooth OOF. No 7 is great too, but a little too closely cropped for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,I will try and post some more summer images.Peter that last one I think is not a crop,I saw the three roses and tried to get them all in the frame without chopping bits off....this time I managed it.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mo,
Nice to see the good old K200D riding again Wink
I like so much the details you catch, the small flowers, water drops on the white flowers, also the nice bokeh.
And yes, the Helios 44-2 is a copy of the Biotar 58mm, if you have a good copy you have nothing to envy to the Biotar Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes, I am happy to be shooting again..

I am blessed I have both now, the Biotar and the Helios Very Happy Both lovely lenses and both still with their own character and qualities.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see some summer pics.
I like the first one best. Don't think it should be cropped.
I also have a 44-2, but I think yours sample maybe performs better.